Centrelink online account help - Add a new Centrepay deduction
How to use your Centrelink online account to add a new Centrepay deduction.
Step 1: sign in and access the main menu
Sign into myGov and select your Centrelink online account to access the main menu and your homepage.
To add a new Centrepay deduction you will need:
- your service provider’s details including Name or Centrelink Reference Number (CRN) – this always starts with 555
- your account reference with the service provider
- the amount you want deducted from your Centrelink payment, or
- the name of the Centrelink payment you want to pay the deduction from
Step 2: add a new Centrepay deduction
To add a new Centrepay deduction, select the MENU icon on your homepage. Select Deductions and View/Add/Change Deductions.
To add your new Centrepay deduction, select Add.
If you already have existing Centrepay deductions in place, select Add another.
The next page will ask you to select what type of deduction you would like to add, select Centrepay.
If you have all the required information available and are ready to proceed select Next.
Step 3: choose a service provider
There are 2 ways you can choose a service provider. They are:
- by selecting a service provider from the list of frequently used service providers
- by entering the Name, ABN or CRN of the service provider into the search function
To choose a service provider from the list of frequently used service providers, select the drop down menu.
If the service provider you want to use is on the list, select their name and select Next.
To search for a service provider, enter their Name, ABN, or CRN and select Search.
You will see a list of possible service providers that match the details entered. Select the correct service provider and then select Next.
Step 4: enter the details of your deduction
To add a new deduction enter:
- your account reference ID
- the amount you want deducted
- how often you want it deducted
- when you want deductions to start
If you’re unsure what your account reference ID number is, please contact your service provider.
To finish entering the new deduction, choose either:
- This deduction will continue to be taken out of your payment until you tell us to stop
- If you want the deduction to end soon please enter a date
- Enter a target amount and we will stop after that amount is reached
If you choose to add an end date or a target amount your deduction will stop when this date or amount is reached.
Step 5: review and submit
Review the summary of the details you have just entered to make sure it is correct.
If you agree with the summary, read the declaration, select I declare that: and then Submit.
If the details are not correct, select Back and update the information with the correct details. Then select Next.
If your update has been successful, you’ll get a confirmation and a receipt ID number. You only need to make further contact if you receive a message specifically telling you to contact us.
You should check with your service provider when you make your first Centrepay deduction to make sure they got it.
Select Information you have provided to view the full details of the deduction you have set up.
Select Return to Summary to view your current Centrepay arrangements.
If you selected Return to summary, your current Centrepay arrangements will display.
To display full details of a current deduction, select the magnifying glass icon in the Action column.
Step 6: sign out
From your homepage, you can complete other transactions or select the myGov icon to return to myGov.
For your privacy and security, sign out when you have finished using your myGov account.
Page last updated: 5 March 2019