Centrelink online account help - Change your withholding percentage for Child Care Subsidy

Instructions on how to change your withholding percentage for Child Care Subsidy.


We withhold 5% of your Child Care Subsidy entitlement until the end of the financial year. If your income is hard to estimate or things have changed, you can choose to increase your withholding percentage. You can change it online up to twice a year.

Find out more about how to manage your payment when things change.

Step 1: get started

If you’re not already in your Centrelink online account, sign into myGov and access your account.

Select MENU from your home page.

Select My Family, followed by Child Care, and Withholding Percentage.

Step 2: update your withholding percentage

To change your withholding, select Update Withholdings.

Enter your new withholding percentage and the date you would like to start the withholding from. You can also choose to stop the withholding on a specific date.

You will also need to select a reason for the change from the options.

If all the details are correct, read the statement. If you understand and agree with the statement select the check box, then select Next.

If you need help deciding on a withholding percentage, read more about withholding.

Step 3: confirm update to withholding percentage

If all the details are correct, read the declaration. If you understand and agree with the declaration, select I accept this declaration then Submit.

We’ll give you a receipt when you submit your update. The receipt will include a summary of your entitlements. Please make a note of the Receipt ID for your records. Select Return to Home.

Step 4: sign out

From your homepage, you can complete other transactions or Return to myGov.

For your privacy and security, sign out when you've finished using your myGov account.

View other online account guides and video demonstrations about using your online account.
This information was printed Wednesday 22 May 2019 from https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/online-help/centrelink/change-your-withholding-percentage-child-care-subsidy It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.

Page last updated: 8 March 2019