Instructions on how to register for a Centrelink online account so you can use the Express Plus Lite mobile app.
Use the Express Plus Lite mobile app to report employment income in other languages.
You must have your Centrelink Reference Number to register for an online account. Your CRN is on either:
- a letter we’ve sent you
- your Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card, if you have one.
If you don't have a CRN or don’t know it, call us. We’ll ask you some questions to confirm your identity, and then help you with your CRN.
Step 1: get started
To start your Centrelink online services registration, select My Centrelink Reference Number (CRN). Enter your CRN. Tell us if you’re using your own CRN, then select Continue.
You can stop your registration at any time. To do this, select Cancel. You’ll then return to our homepage.
If you need help, select Help.
Step 2: prove your identity
We’ll ask you some questions about your Centrelink record. You can find the answers on:
- a letter we’ve sent you
- a bank statement from the bank where we deposit your Centrelink or family assistance payments
- your Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card, if you have one
- identity documents you’ve given us in the past, such as your drivers licence or passport.
These documents will help prove who you are and link the right record.
Select Start now.
Answer as many questions as you can on the Identify yourself page, then select Continue.
If you don’t answer the questions correctly, we’ll ask other questions.
Read the information in the Progress update, then select Continue.
Step 3: create your password and secret questions
Create your new password. Your password:
- is not case sensitive
- must be between 6 and 8 characters long
- must include letters and numbers
- can contain some special characters, including: ! @ # $ % ^ & *
- must not use obvious patterns like 123456a or 111222a
- needs to be different to any previous passwords
- needs to be different to your current password.
Confirm your password by entering it again, then select Continue.
Read the information to help you create or choose 5 secret questions and answers, then select Continue. Only you should be able to answer the questions
Step 4: accept conditions of use
To complete your registration, read and accept the Centrelink online account Conditions of Use. If you understand and agree with the Conditions of Use, select Yes, then select Continue. If you don’t accept the Conditions of Use, select No and we’ll cancel your registration.
We’ll let you know when your registration is complete and give you your personal Customer Access Number (CAN).
Once you have your CAN, select Return home.
Step 5: download the Express Plus Lite mobile app
You’re now ready to download the Express Plus Lite mobile app.
Download the Express Plus Lite app for your device.