Instructions on how to update your income and assets details with your Centrelink online account.
You need to tell us when your circumstances change so we can correctly assess your eligibility for payments and services.
Read more about changes to your circumstances and how it may affect your payment.
The screenshots in this guide are from a computer. The screen layout will look different if you are using a mobile device.
Step 1: get started
Sign into myGov and select Centrelink.
For most people, there are 2 ways to update your income and assets details.
The first way is available to everyone. Select MENU, from your homepage.
Select Income and Assets, then select Income and assets details and Manage income and assets. Go to Step 2.
You can also select Manage income and assets in Favourite services if you have it saved as a favourite service. Go to Step 2.
To start updating your details, select clicking here in the alert box.
To start your first update, tell us the date your income and assets changed. To do this, select the calendar icon.
A pop out calendar will appear. Use the arrow icon to scroll through the months. Select the date your income and assets changed.
When you’ve selected a date, the pop out calendar will disappear and the date will appear on the screen.
Select the income and asset categories you want to update. You can choose more than one category.
Once you’ve made your choice, select Next.
Enter the details to tell us about your income and assets. If you need help, use our online guides to:
- update your savings details including savings, cheque, deeming accounts, cash in hand, money loaned or deposit accounts
- update your shares
- update your managed investments and superannuation details
- update your real estate asset information including real estate you own or manage
- update your other assets details including personal effects, boats, caravans, life insurance, livestock and motor vehicles
You can also update your other income details including:
- lump sum payments
- list interests
- grants and scholarships
- leave payments
- regular gifts you may receive.
If you no longer want to update your details, select Cancel.
We’ll ask if you want to save your progress for later.
- Keep it for 72 hours, to save your progress.
- Discard my progress and leave, to exit without saving.
Then select OK.
Step 3: sign out
From your homepage, you can complete other transactions or select the myGov icon to return to myGov.
For your privacy and security, sign out when you have finished using your myGov account.