Instructions on how to update your income and assets details with your Centrelink online account.
You need to tell us when your circumstances change so we can correctly assess your eligibility for payments and services.
Read more about changes to your circumstances and how it may affect your payment.
Step 1: get started
If you’re not already in your Centrelink online account, sign in to myGov and access your account.
For most people, there are 3 ways to update your income and assets details.
The first way, is available to everyone. From your homepage, select the menu icon, followed by Income and Assets and View/Update Income and Assets. Go to Step 2.
The second way is also available to everyone. From your homepage, select My profile.
Then select My finances and View income and assets details. Go to Step 2.
The third way is to select the View/Update Income and Assets link in Favourite services if you have it saved as a favourite service. Go to Step 2.
To start updating your details, select clicking here in the alert box.
To start your first update, tell us the date your income and assets changed. To do this, select the calendar icon.
A calendar will appear. Select the date your income and assets changed. If your income and assets changed more than a month ago, select the arrow icon. You can then select an earlier date.
Select the income and asset categories you want to update. You can choose more than one category.
Once you’ve made your choice, select Next.
Enter the details to tell us about your income and assets. If you need help, use our online guides to:
- update your savings details including savings, cheque, deeming accounts, cash in hand, money loaned or deposit accounts
- update your shares
- update your managed investments and superannuation details
- update your real estate asset information including real estate you own or manage
- update your other assets details including personal effects, boats, caravans, life insurance, livestock and motor vehicles
- update your other income details including lump sum payments, commissions, list interests, grants and scholarships, leave payments and regular gifts you may receive
If you no longer want to update your details, select Cancel and we’ll ask if you want to:
- save your progress and come back later, or
- discard your progress and leave
To save your progress, select Keep it for 72 hours, then OK.
To exit without saving, select Discard my progress and leave, then OK.
Step 3: sign out
From your homepage, you can complete other transactions or select the myGov icon to return to myGov.
For your privacy and security, sign out when you have finished using your myGov account.
If you didn’t sign in from my.gov.au, select Logout.