Instructions on how to update your Australian listed shares with your Centrelink online account.
You need to tell us when your circumstances change so we can correctly assess your eligibility for payments and services. This includes changes to Australian listed shares for you and your partner.
Read about deeming rules for shares and other financial investments that may affect your payment.
Step 1: view and update your shares details
On the Update Shares page, you can view shares details you’ve already told us about.
- pencil icon, to update your shares details
- question mark icon, if you need help
Enter the new quantity of shares and select Save.
The details you entered will appear on the page. Check the information to make sure it’s correct.
- pencil icon, to change your details
- bin icon, to remove your details
- remove your shares details, go to Step 2
- add new shares details, go to Step 3
- review and submit your shares details, go to Step 4
Step 2: remove shares details
If you need to remove share details, select the bin icon.
The shares details you remove will turn grey.
If you’ve removed the wrong details, select Undo. This will bring back your shares details.
Step 3: add shares details
To add new share details, select Add shares.
Enter the new details, then select Save.
Your new details will appear on the page. Check the information to make sure it’s correct.
- Next, if the details are correct
- Back, if you need to make any change
- Cancel, if you don’t want to continue or need to start again
Step 4: review and submit
We’ll give you a summary of your updates.
If all the details are correct, read the declaration. If you understand and agree with the declaration, select I declare that: then select Submit.
Step 5: receipt
We’ll give you a receipt to let you know your update has been submitted successfully. Please make a note of the Receipt ID for your records.
We’ll also tell you if we need further details. You have 14 days to give this to us. You can give us the information using the Upload documents service in your Centrelink online account. Read our online guide about submitting documents with your Centrelink online account.
- Information you have provided, to view a summary of the details you’ve given us
- Return Home, to go back to your online account homepage
If you need to change other types of income and assets, you’ll be asked to update these next.
Read our online guides on how to update your:
- savings details including any savings, cheque, deeming accounts, cash in hand, money loaned or deposit accounts
- real estate including real estate you manage or own
- other assets including personal effects, boats, caravans, life insurance, livestock and motor vehicles
- other income including lump sum payments, commissions, list interests, grants and scholarships, leave payments and regular gifts you may receive
Step 6: sign out
From your homepage you can complete other transactions or select the myGov icon to return to myGov.
For your privacy and security, sign out when you have finished using your myGov account.
If you didn’t sign in from my.gov.au, select Logout.