Centrelink online account help - Update your study details
Use your online account to tell us about changes to your study details for Youth Allowance, Austudy, ABSTUDY and Pensioner Education Supplement.
The screenshots in this guide are from a computer. The page layout will look different if you are using a mobile device.
As a student, there are a number of details you can update yourself. This includes:
- updating details about your studies including study load, contact hours per week and student ID
- removing future study details if your plans change.
If you need to add new study details, there’s a different way to do this. For help, read Centrelink online account help – add new study details
Step 1: get started
Sign in to myGov and select Centrelink.
Select MENU from your homepage.
Select My Details, followed by Personal and contact details, and Manage study details.
Your study details will show on the Study details page.
If you need help, select the question mark icon.
Step 2: choose the study details you want to update
Tell us about changes to your study details.
- Edit to update your existing study details - continue to step 3
- Remove to remove future study details - skip to step 4.
Your current course details will show.
If you need help, select the links.
Update your study details and select Next.
If you’re eligible, we’ll ask if you want to apply for a Student Start-up Loan.
You’ll need to let us know Your decision.
- the tick icon, if you would like to apply
- the cross icon, if you would like to decline.
Then select Next and go to Step 5 to review and submit.
We’ll confirm you want to remove a future course from your record.
- Remove if you still want to remove this future course.
- Cancel if you don’t want to remove these details.
After you’ve removed your study details, we may ask you additional questions based on your circumstances.
If you haven’t told us about any other study details, you may not be eligible to claim a study payment.
We’ll summarise the details you’ve told us. Read the information and make sure it’s correct.
If your details are wrong, select either:
- Back to make any changes.
- Cancel if you don’t want to continue or need to start again.
If all the details are correct, read the declaration. If you understand and agree with the declaration, select I declare that: then select Submit.
Get your receipt
We’ll give you a receipt to let you know you have submitted your update successfully. Please make a note of the Receipt ID for your records.
You won’t need to do anything else unless we ask you to.
- Information you have provided to view a summary of the details you’ve given us.
- Return home to go back to your Study details page.
Select Home to go back to your online account homepage.
Step 6: sign out
From your homepage you can complete other transactions or select the myGov icon to return to myGov.
For your privacy and security, sign out when you have finished using your myGov account.
Page last updated: 3 September 2019