Disability Support Pension
Financial help if you have a permanent physical, intellectual or psychiatric condition that stops you from working.
- between 16 years of age and age pension age
- have a permanent medical condition that stops you from working
- meet residency requirements
- meet income and assets tests
An income support payment if you can’t work or study for a while because of illness, injury or disability.
- at least 22 but under age pension age
- in a job or getting ABSTUDY or Austudy as a full time student
- under the income and assets test limits
We’re changing the way we send you Centrelink online letters
From 24 February 2018, you’ll need a myGov account to get your Centrelink letters online.
It’s easy to claim Age Pension online
Our online system is secure and completing your claim online is much easier than filling in a form.
Public holiday closure, reporting and payment arrangements
We will be closed for the Australia Day public holiday and we want to help you plan so you still get paid.
Help dealing with drug and alcohol misuse and looking for work
From 1 January 2018, there’ll be a change to help support people with drug or alcohol issues, so they can find work.
If you worked for an Australian Disability Enterprise
Find out more about the BSWAT Payment Scheme on the DSS website.
Family and domestic violence
We support people affected by family and domestic violence by providing information, resources and referrals.