Disability Support Pension
Financial help if you have a permanent physical, intellectual or psychiatric condition that stops you from working.
- between 16 years of age and age pension age
- have a permanent medical condition that stops you from working
- meet residency requirements
- meet income and assets tests
An income support payment if you can’t work or study for a while because of illness, injury or disability.
- at least 22 but under age pension age
- in a job or getting ABSTUDY or Austudy as a full time student
- under the income and assets test limits
Update your details so you get the latest disability news
Don’t miss out on important information about changes that may affect you.
Online resources and support services for doing an income review
We’ve developed a number of resources and services to help you complete your income review online.
Why we do income reviews
We do reviews so we can confirm you are paid the right amount.
Our Medicare general enquiries line menu has changed
You can tell us what your call is about instead of using your phone keypad to go through our menu.
If you worked for an Australian Disability Enterprise
Find out more about the BSWAT Payment Scheme on the DSS website.
Family and domestic violence
We support people affected by family and domestic violence by providing information, resources and referrals.