Public holiday reporting and payment dates

Your reporting and payment dates may change when we close for public holidays. We may even pay you early.

Self service

You can still use your myGov account to access your online accounts. You can also use Express Plus mobile apps and phone self service during the holiday period.

Read more about self service.

You can use these services to report your employment income. However, if you do this on a public holiday we’ll pay you after the public holiday.

You can also use your Centrelink online account through myGov to:

If you don’t have one, creating a myGov account is easy.


If you are due to report your earnings or employment on a public holiday, there are other dates you can report. We’ll pay you after you have reported to us.

If you report early during your assessment period, you must estimate your earnings or other changes for the full period. You can correct your estimate within 14 days, or when you next report.

If you report after your assessment period, we’ll pay you after you report to us. You may want to do this so you can be sure of your earnings or changes to your circumstances.

Automatic payments

We won’t delay payments because of the holidays, but we may pay you earlier than usual. An early payment is your normal payment, just paid early.

Where we pay an early payment, we pay as close to and before your usual payment day. You will need to budget so this payment lasts until your next payment is due.

Page last updated: 27 August 2017