You can choose someone to deal with us for you if you're in residential aged care or getting a home care package. This person is your nominee.
What they can do
Your nominee can:
- get details from us about your care costs
- give us details of your income and assets
- get letters from us – you’ll get these letters as well unless your nominee is your power of attorney
How to appoint one
Fill in the:
- Aged Care Appointment of a Nominee form, and
- Authorising a person or organisation to enquire or act on your behalf form
When you change your mind
You can cancel or change your nominee at any time.
To cancel, just write to us and say you don’t want them to be your nominee anymore. The address is on the form.
To appoint a new one, fill in the Aged Care Appointment of a Nominee form.