Aged care means tests

Someone to deal with us for you

You can choose someone to deal with us for you if you're in residential aged care or getting a home care package. This person is your nominee.

What they can do

Your nominee can:

  • get details from us about your care costs
  • give us details of your income and assets
  • get letters from us – you’ll get these letters as well unless your nominee is your power of attorney

How to appoint one

Fill in the:

When you change your mind

You can cancel or change your nominee at any time.

To cancel, just write to us and say you don’t want them to be your nominee anymore. The address is on the form.

To appoint a new one, fill in the Aged Care Appointment of a Nominee form.

This information was printed Monday 20 May 2019 from It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at when using this material.

Page last updated: 5 December 2018