How to apply for Additional Child Care Subsidy Temporary Financial Hardship.
Before you start
Check if you’re eligible for this subsidy before you start.
We pay this additional subsidy directly to your child care provider to reduce the fees you pay.
Start your application online
To apply online you need a myGov account with Centrelink linked.
I have a myGov account linked to Centrelink
Sign in to myGov to apply.
I don’t have a Centrelink online account or a myGov account
You can then create a myGov account and select Services to link Centrelink.
Provide supporting documents
You may need to provide some other documents to support your application. We’ll tell you what documents we need. You’ll need to provide these within 14 days.
You’ll need to give us evidence when you apply for ACCS Temporary Financial Hardship.
This includes proof that:
- the event happened within the last 6 months, and
- this resulted in a substantial reduction in your ability to pay child care fees
|Event type||Evidence we’ll accept|
|Loss of employment||
|Loss of income or failure of a business||
Adversely effected by a major disaster and destruction or severe damage to your home, necessitating relocation of the family
|Affected by family and domestic violence||
|The unexpected death of a partner or child||
You may also be required to provide evidence to show the link between the event and financial hardship. This may include:
- a Statutory Declaration
- payment of rental bond
- bank statements showing essential expenditure and reduction in savings
- report from a financial counselling service
- debt repayment agreements, or
- any other evidence you have to explain your circumstances