Additional Child Care Subsidy

How to apply for Additional Child Care Subsidy Temporary Financial Hardship

How to apply for Additional Child Care Subsidy Temporary Financial Hardship.

Before you start

Check if you’re eligible for this subsidy before you start.

We pay this additional subsidy directly to your child care provider to reduce the fees you pay.

Start your application online

To apply online you need a myGov account with Centrelink linked.

I have a myGov account linked to Centrelink

Sign in to myGov to apply.

Sign in with myGov

I don’t have a Centrelink online account or a myGov account

If you’ve had a payment or service from us, you can use your Customer Reference Number (CRN). Find this on a letter we’ve sent you and register for a Centrelink online account.

If you don’t know your CRN or you haven't got a payment from us, go to a service centre. You’ll need to take your photo ID and tell us you want to register for a Centrelink online account.

You can then create a myGov account and select Services to link Centrelink.

Provide supporting documents

You may need to provide some other documents to support your application. We’ll tell you what documents we need. You’ll need to provide these within 14 days.

You may also need to confirm your identity at a service centre.

You’ll need to give us evidence when you apply for ACCS Temporary Financial Hardship.

This includes proof that:

  • the event happened within the last 6 months, and
  • this resulted in a substantial reduction in your ability to pay child care fees
Event type Evidence we’ll accept
Loss of employment

We’ll accept:

  • Employment Separation Certificate
  • letter from employer
  • letter from accountant, or
  • a Statutory Declaration
Loss of income or failure of a business

We’ll accept:

  • legal documents indicating business failure
  • reports from an accountant or financial adviser where there has been an existing relationship, or
  • similar evidence of loss of income

Adversely effected by a major disaster and destruction or severe damage to your home, necessitating relocation of the family

We’ll accept:

  • fire report
  • police report
  • insurance report, or
  • a Statutory Declaration
Affected by family and domestic violence

We’ll accept:

  • police or incident report
  • medical certificate
  • court documentation
  • a signed statement from a Social Worker, Counsellor, Doctor or other party, or
  • a Statutory Declaration
The unexpected death of a partner or child

We’ll accept:

  • Death Certificate, if we don’t already have it
  • court documentation
  • signed statement from a Social Worker, Counsellor, Doctor or other party
  • letter from a hospital or General Practitioner
  • funeral notice
  • receipts relating to medical or funeral expenses, or
  • a Statutory Declaration

You may also be required to provide evidence to show the link between the event and financial hardship. This may include:

  • a Statutory Declaration
  • payment of rental bond
  • bank statements showing essential expenditure and reduction in savings
  • report from a financial counselling service
  • debt repayment agreements, or
  • any other evidence you have to explain your circumstances

Page last updated: 27 August 2018