Decide how to claim

There are a few options for claiming Age Pension. Before you start you should decide how you want to claim.


It’s easy to apply for Age Pension online. Our online system is secure. It’s also simpler than filling in a paper form. To claim online you need a myGov account linked to your Centrelink online account.

If you don’t have a myGov account or Centrelink online account, you need to set them up.

If your partner also wants to claim, they generally need to complete their own online claim.

You can claim online at home or visit a service centre and use our computers. You don’t need to finish your online claim in 1 session. Your Centrelink online account saves your claim so you can come back to finish it later. We cannot assess your claim until you have all the required documents so you can submit it.

You can upload your supporting documents by selecting Upload documents in your Centrelink online account.

Paper form

If you can’t claim online you can use the Claim for Age Pension and Pension Bonus form.

When you’re ready to claim, you can print and complete the claim form and the Income and Assets form.

Don’t forget to include the supporting documents and forms we ask for when you submit your claim.

The claim form has details about how to submit your paper claim.

Staff assisted

If you’re not sure what to do, we’re here to help you claim Age Pension. Visit a service centre or call us on the older Australians line, and we can help you complete your claim.

We have interpreters available Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm. To talk to someone in your language, call our Multilingual Phone Service

Page last updated: 16 September 2019