Check if you're eligible before you start your claim. How to submit your claim for Bereavement Allowance after your partner’s death.
- find out what you need before you start
- fill in your claim form
- submit the form and other documents we ask for
- wait for us to assess your claim and tell you the result
Before you start
- check if you are eligible for this payment
- read the information you need to know about your claim for Bereavement Allowance
If you can't print the forms:
You may need to provide some other documents to support your claim including:
- documents to confirm your identity
- proof of your Australian residence status
- an Income Stream Schedule from your provider for any income stream payments you may get
- proof that you were a member of a couple
- bank details
You will also need to provide us with your income and assets information.
Submit your claim
Within 14 days of telling us of your intent to claim, submit your completed forms and supporting documents:
Wait for the results
We'll tell you:
- if your claim is successful
- when we'll start paying you
- how much you'll get
You have the right to appeal any decision we make.
Read more about reviews and appeals.