Carer Allowance

A fortnightly supplement if you give additional daily care to someone who has a disability, serious illness, or is frail aged.

To get this you must:

  • meet an income test
  • give additional daily care to someone with a disability, severe illness or who is frail aged
  • care for someone whose care needs score is high enough on the assessment tools used for an adult or a child
  • care for someone who'll have these needs for at least 12 months or the rest of their life.

Read the full conditions under eligibility.

Page last updated: 24 September 2019