From time to time we review your Carer Allowance and Carer Allowance Health Care Card. We check for changes in your income and your partner’s income.
How it works
To continue to get Carer Allowance or Carer Allowance Health Care Card, your and your partner’s combined adjusted taxable income has to be under $250,000 each financial year. The same income limit applies if you do not have a partner.
When we need to review your income, we’ll send you a letter.
What you need to do
If you get a letter and want to continue to get Carer Allowance or a Carer Allowance Health Care Card, you must submit the review within 28 days of the issue date.
If you didn’t get a letter about a review of your income:
- you don’t have to do submit a Carer Allowance income review, but
- you still need to tell us if your circumstances change
How to start your Carer Allowance income review online
If you have a myGov account linked to Centrelink, you can sign in to myGov to do your Carer Allowance income review.
You can get to the Carer Allowance income review from the:
- link in your myGov Inbox, or
- menu or tasks section in your Centrelink online account
If you don’t have a myGov account you can create a myGov account and select Services to link Centrelink.
Read more about getting a Centrelink online account.
What documents you need to provide
We’ll tell you if you need to give us any documents when you answer the questions in the review. We may ask you for evidence of your and your partner’s income.
Upload your documents and then submit your review.
Account based income streams
We may ask you for a Details of income stream product form, if you or your partner are 60 years of age or more.
Other ways to do your review
If you can’t complete your Carer Allowance income review online, follow these steps.
- Download, print and complete the Carer Allowance Adjusted Taxable Income Details form.
- Once completed, submit the form and any documents you need to give us.
- You can submit them at your nearest service centre, or to the postal address shown on the form.
What happens if you do nothing
If you get a Carer Allowance income review letter but don’t complete and submit your review within 28 days of the issue date, your Carer Allowance or Carer Allowance Health Care Card will stop.