The following websites contain useful information for carers.
- National Disability Insurance Scheme has information for families and carers of people with disability - you can get links to community groups that can support them too
- myagedcare has support you can get if you care for someone who’s frail aged
- Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centres has information on respite care and other support services – call them on Freecall 1800 052 222 or 1800 059 059
- Special Disability Trusts has help for the immediate family of people with severe disability – you can get information on setting up a Special Disability Trust to plan for the future care and housing of the disabled person too
- Carers Australia has information about this national carers group and support services – call them on Freecall 1800 242 636
- Carer Gateway has information about services and support for carers