Carer Payment

An income support payment if you give constant care to someone who has a severe disability, illness, or an adult who is frail and aged.

Eligibility basics

  • you’re caring for 1 or more people with care needs which score high enough on the assessment tools used for an adult or child
  • they’ll have these needs for at least 6 months or the rest of their life
  • you’re eligible under the pension income and assets test limits
  • you and your carer receiver must both be residing in Australia
If you were getting an eligible payment on 2 April 2019, we’ll pay you an Energy Assistance Payment in June.

Page last updated: 9 July 2019

Was this page useful?
Why not?

Thank you for your feedback.