Centrelink Indigenous Call Centre

A line to call about our payments and services if you’re Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.

You can phone the call centre to speak to us about Centrelink payments and services for free.

Before you call

Before you call, you’ll need to have the following items handy. We’ll use them to confirm your identity.

You’ll need your Customer Reference Number (CRN) and 1 of the following:

  • Medicare card
  • driver licence
  • concession card.

You may not have a CRN. To get a CRN, you'll need to visit a service centre or your local Agent or Access Point to confirm your identity.

If you're calling us about a missing payment, please check with your bank first. You can also use your Centrelink online account through myGov to check.

Unfortunately we can’t give you information about someone else, even if they’re family. Unless we have their written permission or they must be with you when you call.

You can approve someone else to deal with us on your behalf. You can authorise them to enquire, act or get payments for you.

When you call

It’s important to stay on the line when you call us. If you hang up and redial, you may end up waiting longer.

When you speak to us, we may ask if you'd like to create a voiceprint. A voiceprint is a faster, easier and more secure way to prove your identity and access our Centrelink phone self service. Read more about how to create a voiceprint.

Call the Centrelink Indigenous Call Centre.

Page last updated: 16 September 2019