Offers a range of options for you to access and update your information over the phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Self service line
Call 136 240 to:
- check payment information, such as past and future payments
- update your family income estimate
- complete your Rent Assistance review
- apply for an advance payment
- hear your Working Credit or Income Bank balance
- ask for a mailed copy of documents, such as an income statement or a replacement concession or health care card
Call 133 276 each fortnight to:
- report your employment income
- tell us if you've met your Mutual Obligation Requirements in your Job Plan
To register for phone self service:
To confirm your identity, you'll need to have your driver's licence and bank account number.
Once registered, you'll get a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
Log in securely
You must verify your identity each time you call us. Use your PIN or create a voiceprint.
A voiceprint uses your voice to identify who you are. It’s a faster, easier and more secure way to prove your identity.
We'll give you the option to create your voiceprint each time you call us.
If you haven't created a voiceprint, use your PIN.
Read more about how to create a voiceprint.
Using phone self service
When you call, have your:
- Customer Access Number (CAN), and
When you hear the prompts:
- say your CAN, including the letter at the end
- key your PIN or repeat the pass phrase for voiceprint
- select from the menu options
Once you are familiar with the menu options, you can say what you want as soon as the list starts. The service will guide you through the rest.
Speak naturally - you don't need to talk loud or slow.
CANs and CRNs
We use these numbers to recognise your personal record. Your CAN will generally be the same as your Customer Reference Number (CRN).
Some people have a different number for their CAN and CRN. This might happen if you claim online. If this applies, use your:
- CAN when using self service or calling any of our payment lines
- CRN when talking to staff in a service centre
If you have trouble using phone self service, stay on the line. The service will connect you to one of our staff. We're available:
- 8 am to 8 pm local time
- Monday to Friday
Sometimes we have scheduled or unscheduled service interruptions. Check customer service changes for information on these.
I don't have a landline phone
If you use a smartphone or the internet to make calls, speak your answers rather than using your keypad.
If you use your keypad, turn down the volume to reduce feedback and improve accuracy.
Do this if you use Internet Protocol (IP) telephony such as a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone service too.