Using Centrepay

You can set up a Centrepay deduction from most Centrelink payments.

This is for a range of goods and services.

Centrepay gives you control

You can start, change or stop deductions at any time.

For example, you can:

  • set a target amount for when they’ll stop
  • set an end date for them to stop within the next 12 months
  • choose which bills we pay first
  • change the deduction amount if a bill goes up or down
  • change the deduction amount for up to 13 weeks, then go back to the previous deduction amount
  • stop deductions for up to 13 weeks, then start them again - for example, you can pause child care deductions if your child isn’t in care for a few weeks

While Centrepay lets you manage your payments you still need to meet your obligations to pay a business.

Centrelink payments you can’t use Centrepay for

You can’t set up a Centrepay deduction from these payments:

  • ABSTUDY - excluding Basic Living Allowance
  • Advance payments - excluding FTB advances
  • Bereavement Payment
  • Child Care Subsidy
  • Dad and Partner Pay
  • Farm Household Allowance
  • Parental Leave Pay paid by employers for Paid Parental Leave
  • Status Resolution Support Services Payment

You can’t set them up from these payments either:

  • arrears payments
  • Boarding Allowance
  • Child Care Assistance
  • Distance Education Allowance
  • quarterly supplement
  • Restart Income Support
  • Restart Re-establishment Grant
  • Second Home Allowance

If you’re not sure if you can set up a Centrepay deduction, call us on your regular payment number.

Page last updated: 3 August 2018