Centrepay is a free bill paying service.
Use Centrepay to arrange regular deductions from your Centrelink payment.
You can start, change or stop using it whenever you like.
You can use it for your regular bills and other ongoing expenses – such as rent, electricity and phone.
You’ll need to give us permission to pay your bills using part of your payment.
How it works
You tell us:
- who you want to pay
- how much you want to pay them
- which Centrelink payment you want the money to come from
We take the money out of your payment:
- before you get it, and
- send it to businesses you want to pay
We take out your Centrepay deductions from your Centrelink payment last. Other amounts that we’ll deduct first are:
- participation penalty amounts and non-payment periods
- weekly payment amount, if you get your payments weekly
- urgent and advance repayment amounts
- debt repayments
- child support payments
- tax deductions
- amounts directed to your Income Management account
- government housing rent deductions as part of the Rent Deduction Scheme