To get Child Care Benefit you or your partner must be living in Australia.
You or your partner must be living in Australia and either:
- have Australian citizenship
- hold a permanent visa
- hold a Special Category visa, or
- hold a certain temporary visa type, for example, a Partner Provisional or Temporary Protection visa
You may also meet the residence rules for Child Care Benefit if:
- you or your partner are a student from overseas, sponsored by the Australian Government to study in Australia, or
- you are in hardship, or special circumstances exist
To keep getting Child Care Benefit
You or your partner must continue to meet the residence rules for as long as you get this payment.