Child Care Benefit

Who can get it

To get Child Care Benefit you need to have met certain criteria.

To be eligible to claim for child care provided before 2 July 2018, you need to have:

  • used approved or registered child care
  • been responsible for paying the child care fees for your child
  • met the immunisation requirements and
  • met the residence rules

You would have met the residence rules, if you or your partner were living in Australia and either:

You may have also met the residence rules for Child Care Benefit if you:

  • or your partner were a student from overseas, sponsored by the Australian Government to study in Australia, or
  • were in hardship, or special circumstances existed

Page last updated: 3 December 2018