Who can get it
To get Child Care Benefit you need to have met certain criteria.
To be eligible to claim for child care provided before 2 July 2018, you need to have done all the following:
- used approved or registered child care
- been responsible for paying the child care fees for your child
- met the immunisation requirements
- met the residence rules.
You would have met the residence rules, if you or your partner were living in Australia and either:
- had Australian citizenship
- held a permanent visa
- held a Special Category visa
- held a certain temporary visa type, for example, a Partner Provisional or Temporary Protection visa.
You may have also met the residence rules for Child Care Benefit if you:
- or your partner were a student from overseas, sponsored by the Australian Government to study in Australia
- were in hardship, or special circumstances existed.
Page last updated: 13 June 2019