Child Care Subsidy

What are the residency rules

To get Child Care Subsidy (CCS) you or your partner must meet these rules.

You or your partner must be living in Australia and:

  • have Australian citizenship
  • hold a permanent visa
  • hold a Special Category visa, or
  • hold a certain temporary visa type

You may also meet the requirements if:

  • you or your partner are a student from overseas, sponsored by the Australian Government to study in Australia, or
  • you are in hardship, or special circumstances exist

You still may be able to get CCS if you’re outside Australia for less than 6 weeks. Read more about payments while travelling outside Australia.

To keep getting CCS

You or your partner must continue to meet the residency requirements for as long as you get this subsidy.

Page last updated: 12 May 2018