Complete the following steps to apply for Child Care Subsidy. Before you start, check if you can get it.
Steps to claim Child Care Subsidy
1. Get ready to claim
The easiest way to claim is online.
To claim online, you need a myGov account linked to Centrelink.
If you don’t have a myGov account or a Centrelink online account you’ll need to set them up.You may need to confirm your identity with us before you start your claim.
If you can’t claim online call us on the Families line.
2. Get your documents ready
You’ll need to get some supporting documents ready to help answer some of the questions in the claim.
3. Make your claim
- Sign in to myGov and go to Centrelink.
- Select Payment and Claims from the menu, then Claims, then Make a claim.
- Under Families, select Get started.
- Answer all the questions. Each screen has information to help you complete the claim. This includes how to submit your supporting documents.
- Submit your claim.
For help, use our online guide to claim Child Care Subsidy.
When you’re ready:Sign in to myGovYou’ll need to do a new claim for each child when they start child care.
4. Track your claim
After you submit your claim online, you’ll get a receipt telling you:
- that you’ve successfully submitted your claim
- the ID number of your claim
- the date we estimate your claim will be complete
- a link to track its progress.
If you completed your claim but the enrolment details were missing, you need to take action. Ask your provider to submit these details to us so you can confirm them.
We’ll also let you know the result of your claim. We’ll send an assessment notice to either your:
If you don't get electronic letters, we'll send your notice in the mail.
If we need more details we’ll ask you for them.