Child Care Subsidy

Confirm enrolment

Before we can pay this subsidy, you need to confirm your child’s child care enrolment.

If you completed your claim but the enrolment details were missing, you need to talk to your provider. Ask them to submit your child’s enrolment details to us so you can confirm them.

Before you confirm these details, make sure they match your Complying Written Arrangement (CWA), including fees and care sessions. A CWA is an agreement between you and your provider to give care in return for fees.

What if enrolment details don’t match

If the information or fees in the enrolment details don’t match your CWA, you should dispute the enrolment online. You’ll need to ask your provider to either:

  • send us updated enrolment details
  • complete a new CWA and send updated enrolment details.

What happens if we cancel your enrolment details

We’ll cancel your enrolment details in our system if your child has not attended child care for 8 continuous weeks. If we do this, we’ll stop paying your subsidy and it will display in your online account as ‘ceased’.

If your child attends the service again in the future, your provider will need to resubmit your child’s enrolment details. Once they’ve done this, you’ll need to confirm your child’s enrolment online.

How to confirm the enrolment details

Once we get the new information from your provider, you need to confirm the enrolment details. You can do this using your Centrelink online account through myGov. Select Child Care Subsidy from the menu, then Enrolments.

For help, use our online guide to confirm your child’s enrolment details.

How to report fraud

If you think your provider is fraudulent or non-compliant, contact the Department of Education and Training’s Child Care Tip-off line.

Page last updated: 1 November 2018