You need to tell us if your circumstances change when you're getting Child Care Subsidy.
For example, you need to tell us if any of the following things happen:
- your child begins primary or secondary school for the first time
- your or your partner’s activity details change
- your or your partner's income changes
- your care arrangements change
- your personal circumstances change
- you change your address
- you leave Australia.
Keep in mind, if the changes impact your subsidy, it can take up to 2 weeks. This is because we check your eligibility and pay Child Care Subsidy fortnightly.
If you don't tell us about changes to your circumstances within 14 days, it may affect your subsidy. We may overpay you and you'll have to pay the money back.
You don’t need to tell us if either of these apply:
- the hours your child attends child care change
- your child stops attending child care, if you plan on sending them to child care again in the future.