You need to tell us if your circumstances change when you're getting Child Care Subsidy.
For example, you need to tell us if:
- your child begins primary or secondary school for the first time
- your or your partner’s recognised activity details change
- your or your partner's income changes
- your care arrangements change
- your personal circumstances change
- you change your address, or
- you leave Australia
If you don't tell us about the changes within 14 days, it may affect your subsidy. We may overpay you and you'll have to pay the money back.
You don’t need to tell us if:
- the hours your child attends child care changes, or
- your child stops attending child care, if you plan on sending them to child care again in the future
If you change child care services
You don’t need to tell us as long as you’re still using an approved service.
However, if you change child care services you’ll need to confirm your child’s enrolment details online.
We’ll only be able to pay Child Care Subsidy to your provider once you’ve confirmed these details. They’ll then send us your attendance information which means we’ll pay the subsidy to them.
If your new child care service is a different type of approved care, this may affect the hourly rate cap we use. Read more about how the type of child care you use affects your subsidy.