Commonwealth Seniors Health Card


Check if you're eligible before you start your claim. You can claim a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card once you’ve reached age pension age.


  • find out what you need before you start your claim
  • fill in your claim form
  • submit the form and other documents we ask for
  • wait for us to assess your claim and tell you the result

Before you start

You should:

The card will only cover one person. If you have a partner and you’re both eligible, your partner will need to submit a separate online claim or you can both claim using the same paper claim form.

Information you need for your claim

  • your and your partner’s income
  • documents to confirm your identity
  • documents to confirm your residence

When to claim

You can claim once you reach age pension age.

Start your claim online

To make a claim online you need a Centrelink online account linked to myGov.

I have a myGov account linked to Centrelink

Sign in to myGov to start your claim.

Sign in with myGov

I have a myGov account, but it’s not linked to Centrelink

Sign in to myGov and select Services. For help, read our online guides to link Centrelink to your myGov account.

I don’t have a Centrelink online account or a myGov account

If you’ve received a payment or service from us, you can use your Customer Reference Number (CRN) to get an online account. Find your CRN on a letter we’ve sent you or your Health Care Card, if you have one. Then, go to myGov to create a myGov account and use your CRN to link Centrelink.

If you don’t know your CRN or you haven't got a payment from us, go to a service centre with photo ID. Tell us you want to register for an online account.

You can then create a myGov account and link Centrelink.

If you can’t claim online

Print out the Claim for a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card form and fill it in.

Or, you can reclaim your card if we cancelled it less than 26 weeks ago. Print out the re-claim for a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card form and fill it in.

If you can’t use the website, call the Older Australians line and ask us to send you the form. Or, go to a service centre to get one.

Submit your claim

You need to give us:

  • your claim form
  • any other documents we’ve asked for

You can do this online or at a service centre.

Submit other documents

We may ask you for documents to help us assess your claim.

You can submit some of these through your online account when you claim.

If we ask you to confirm your identity, you’ll need to do this at a service centre.

Wait for the results

We’ll tell you if we accept your claim. If eligible, we’ll post your card to you.

You have the right to appeal any decision we make. Read about reviews and appeals.

Page last updated: 19 July 2018