With a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card you can get cheaper medicine.
With your card you can get:
- cheaper medicine under the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme
- bulk billed doctor visits - this is up to your doctor
- a bigger refund for medical costs when you reach the Medicare Safety Net
Your state or territory government and local council may offer you more. They may lower your:
- electricity and gas bills
- property and water rates
- health care costs, including ambulance, dental and eye care
- public transport fare
Read more about what you can get where you live on the australia.gov.au website.
You may need to show your:
- Medicare card to get Medicare services
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card to get other benefits
Page last updated: 9 November 2018