Change of circumstances
We need to know about changes that could stop you from having a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card.
If you don’t tell us when these changes happen, you may be doing the wrong thing.
You must tell us if:
- your personal circumstances change
- you change your address
- your income changes
- you return to work
- you don’t have to lodge a tax return
- your care arrangements change
- you are leaving Australia
- anything else happens that might change your payment
How and when to tell us
The easiest way to tell us about changes is through our self service options.
You need to:
- tell us within 14 days of the change
- make sure your details are up to date in myGov
It’s never too late to report a change.
What happens if you don’t tell us
If you don’t tell us about changes in your life, we may pay you too much. If this happens you’ll have to pay the money back, plus a fee.
If you deliberately don’t tell us about changes, we could charge you with fraud.
Read how to avoid fraud.
Page last updated: 9 November 2018