Crisis Payment for Humanitarian Entrants
- Oromo / Afaan Oromoo
- አማርኛ / Amharic
- العربية / Arabic
- ܐܵܬܘܿܪܵܝܵܐ / Assyrian
- ျမန္မာ / Burmese
- Laiholh (Hakha) / Chin (Haka)
- 简体中文 / Chinese
- دری / Dari
- Thuɔŋjäŋ / Dinka
- Français / French
- هزاره گی / Hazaragi
- Hmong Daw / Hmong
- ကညီကျိၥ် / Karen
- کوردی فەیلی / Kurdish (Faili)
- Kurdî Kurmancî / Kurdish (Kurmanji)
- کوردی (سۆرانی) / Kurdish (Sorani)
- नेपाली / Nepali
- فارسی / Persian (Farsi)
- ਪੰਜਾਬੀ / Punjabi
- Ruáinga / Rohingya
- Somali / Somali
- Kiswahili / Swahili
- தமிழ் / Tamil
- བོད་སྐད། / Tibetan
- ትግርኛ / Tigrinya
Call our Multilingual Phone Service to speak with us in your language about your Centrelink payments and services.
You can get this payment in special circumstances if you're eligible for an income support payment.
Crisis Payment can help if you:
- are experiencing family and domestic violence
- have been released after 14 days from prison or psychiatric confinement as a result of an offence
- have severe financial hardship
- are a Humanitarian entrant in Australia for the first time
- go through a natural disaster not covered by the Disaster Recovery Payment
- are eligible for an income support payment - not including Family Tax Benefit or Child Care Subsidy
Other rules to meet
You must call us on the Help in an emergency line within 7 days of your crisis.
You must meet residence rules.
Who can’t get it
You can’t get Crisis Payment if you’ve received a Disaster Recovery Payment or another disaster relief payment for the same event.
Severe financial hardship
You’re in severe financial hardship if you’re:
- single and your funds total less than 2 weeks of the highest rate of your income support payment
- part of a couple and your funds total less than 4 weeks of the highest rate of your income support payment
Help in an emergency
Each disaster is different so the timing and type of financial help varies.
If you only got in-kind help, like new electrical goods or food, you can still claim for Crisis Payment.
Read more about how we help in an emergency.