What you need to provide
When you claim Dad and Partner Pay you’ll need to provide documents before and after the birth or adoption of your child.
What we need for your claim
Before we can assess your claim we need some details from you.
Details about you
We need all of the following:
- your Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN)
- your bank account details
- your Tax File Number (TFN)
- information about your Australian residency – such as, citizenship papers, passport or other documentation
- details of any periods you lived outside Australia.
Details about your job and income
We need your income details for the financial year, either:
- before the date of your claim
- before your child’s date of birth or adoption – whichever is earlier.
We need to know details of your work in the 13 months before your Dad and Partner Pay period start date. This includes the hours you work and any unpaid leave you took.
Details about your child
If you claim after your child is born or enters your care, we need proof of your child’s birth or adoption.
What you need to provide after the birth or adoption of your child
You or your partner need to give us proof of birth or adoption so we can finalise your claim. You have several options for giving us proof of birth or adoption. We can’t pay your Dad and Partner Pay until we have this information.
If you're the parent of a newborn, you'll also need to register or apply to register the birth. You can find information about registering a birth on the Births, Deaths and Marriages Registry website for your state or territory.
How to submit documents
You can submit documents online using either your:
- Centrelink online account, or
- the Express Plus Centrelink app.
Page last updated: 13 June 2019