Dad and Partner Pay

What you need to provide

When you claim Dad and Partner Pay you’ll need to provide documents before and after the birth or adoption of your child.

What we need for your claim

Before we can assess your claim we need some details from you.

Details about you

We need:

  • your Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN)
  • your bank account details
  • your Tax File Number (TFN)
  • information about your Australian residency – such as, citizenship papers, passport or other documentation
  • details of any periods you lived outside Australia

Details about your job and income

We need your income details for the financial year, either before the date of your claim, or before your child’s date of birth or adoption – whichever is earlier.

We need to know details of your work in the 13 months before your Dad and Partner Pay period start date. This includes the hours you work and any unpaid leave you took.

Details about your child

If you claim after your child is born or enters your care, we need proof of your child’s birth or adoption.

What you need to provide after the birth or adoption of your child

You or your partner need to give us proof of birth or adoption so we can finalise your claim. You have several options for giving us proof of birth or adoption. We can’t pay your Dad and Partner Pay until we have this information.

If you're the parent of a newborn, you'll also need to register or apply to register the birth. You can find information about registering a birth on the Births, Deaths and Marriages Registry website for your state or territory.

How to submit documents

You can submit documents online using your:

  • Centrelink online account, or
  • the Express Plus Centrelink app

You can also send them by mail, fax, or by visiting a service centre.

This information was printed Tuesday 21 May 2019 from It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at when using this material.

Page last updated: 3 December 2018