Disability Employment Services

Services that can help you find and keep a job if you have a disability, illness or injury.

Changes to Disability Employment Services (DES) start 1 July 2018. Talk with your DES provider or go to the JobAccess website to find out how changes affect you.

How they can help you

Disability Employment Service (DES) providers can help if you’re looking for work or have a job.

If you’re looking for work, a DES provider can help you:

  • get ready to work
  • train in specific job skills
  • write your resumé
  • train in interview skills
  • look for jobs that suit you

If you have a job, a DES provider can help you with:

  • on-the-job training
  • speaking to your boss and co-workers
  • ongoing support in your job
  • modifying your workplace
  • Auslan at work

If you risk losing your job due to illness, injury, or disability, you can get help from Work Assist. Work Assist can also help if you need assistance to stay in work.

How to register

You can register for DES through us or direct through a provider.

To register through us:

We may refer you to an Employment Services Assessment if you need one.

To register through a provider:

  • find a DES provider through the JobAccess website, and
  • contact them and ask to register.

The DES provider may refer you to us for an Employment Services Assessment if you need one.

Where you can get other advice

The Australian Government’s JobAccess service can give you or your employer advice about employment support for people with:

  • disability
  • illness, or
  • injury

Read more on the JobAccess website about DES and other disability employment support. You can also call 1800 464 800 to talk with a JobAccess Advisor.

Page last updated: 11 April 2019

Was this page useful?
Why not?

Thank you for your feedback.