Complete the following steps to claim Disability Support Pension online. Before you start, check if you can get it.
Steps to claim Disability Support Pension
1. Get ready to claim
The easiest way to claim is online.
To claim online, you need a myGov account linked to Centrelink. If you don’t have a myGov account or a Centrelink online account you’ll need to set them up.You may need to confirm your identity with us before you start your claim.
If you can’t claim online you can claim by form.
2. Get your documents ready to claim
You’ll need to get some supporting documents ready to help answer some of the questions in the claim.
You’ll need medical evidence for the claim.
You need to give us all the medical evidence and supporting documents we ask for. If you don’t, we may not accept your claim or we may reject it.
3. Make your claim
- Sign in to myGov and go to Centrelink.
- Select Payments and Claims from the menu, then Claims, then Make a claim.
- Under Disabled, ill or injured, select Get started.
- Answer all the questions. Each screen has information to help you complete the claim. This includes how to submit your supporting documents.
- Submit your claim.
When you're ready:
4. Track your claim
After you submit your claim online, you’ll get a receipt telling you:
- your claim was submitted
- the ID number of your claim
- the date we estimate your claim will be complete
- a link to track its progress.
We’ll also let you know the result of your claim. We'll send a letter to either your:
If you don't get electronic letters, we'll send you a letter in the mail.
If we need more details we’ll ask you for them.
If you think we’ve made a mistake you can ask us to review our decision.
Page last updated: 10 July 2019