Change of circumstances
You need to tell us if your circumstances change when you are receiving Disability Support Pension.
If you do not tell us when your circumstances change, you may be doing the wrong thing.
For example, not telling us if:
- your relationship status changes
- you change your address
- your income changes
- you do not have to lodge a tax return
- your care arrangements change
- your work or study load changes
Doing the right thing is easy:
- tell us about any changes to your circumstances within 14 days
- regularly check that your information is up to date through your myGov account
It is never too late to report a change. By telling us about any changes today, we can help make sure you receive the correct payment.
If you have received payments you are not eligible for, you may have to repay the amount plus a recovery fee. Having to repay a debt may be difficult but choosing not to tell us your circumstances change could lead to far more serious consequences.
If you deliberately do not tell us when your circumstances change, you could be committing fraud.
Read more about how to avoid committing fraud.
We do regular reviews to make sure that you continue to be eligible for payments and that your rate of payment is correct.
Page last updated: 21 March 2019