Double Orphan Pension

A regular payment if you’re caring for a child whose parents can’t care for them or have died.

Eligibility basics

  • you care for the child at least 35% of the time, and
  • their parents have both died, or
  • one parent has died and the other is in a psychiatric institution or nursing home for an indefinite time, in prison for at least 10 years or their whereabouts are unknown, or
  • the child is a refugee and both parents are living outside Australia or their whereabouts are unknown.

Page last updated: 4 September 2019

Was this page useful?
Why not?

Thank you for your feedback.