Double Orphan Pension

Residence rules

On the day you claim Double Orphan Pension you must be living in Australia.

You must be living in Australia and either:

The child must also meet these rules or be living with you.

To keep getting Double Orphan Pension

You must continue to meet these rules for as long as you get this payment.

If you don’t meet these rules but you’ve lived or worked in a country that has a social security agreement with Australia, the agreement may help you to claim.

This information was printed Sunday 19 May 2019 from It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at when using this material.

Page last updated: 12 May 2018