Change of circumstances
You need to report any changes to your circumstances while receiving Double Orphan Pension.
If you don’t tell us when changes happen, you may be doing the wrong thing.
You need to tell us if any of the following happen:
- the child receives an orphan pension from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- your personal circumstances change
- you don’t meet the residence rules
- you change your address
- your care arrangements change
- you or the child leave Australia even for a short time.
How and when to tell us
The easiest way to tell us about changes is through our self service options.
You need to do both of the following:
- tell us within 14 days of the change
- make sure your details are up to date in myGov.
It’s never too late to report a change.
If you don’t tell us
If you don’t tell us about changes in your life, we may pay you too much. If this happens, you must pay the money back, plus a fee.
If you don’t tell us when your circumstances change, you could be committing fraud.
Page last updated: 5 June 2019