If you get a Family Tax Benefit the Energy Supplement amount you get depends on your and your partner’s circumstances and the payment or services you get.
Your rate of Energy Supplement you'll get depends on if you:
- are eligible for Part A, Part B, or both Part A and Part B
- get your FTB fortnightly or at the end of the financial year.
FTB Part A – base rate
For each child aged 19 and under including secondary students, your FTB Part A base rate per:
- fortnight is $1.40
- year is $36.50
FTB Part A – maximum rate
If you get more than the base rate of FTB, you may get a higher amount of Energy Supplement. The maximum amount of Energy Supplement you’ll get depends on the age of your child eligible for FTB.
|Age of your child eligible for FTB||Maximum amount of Energy Supplement per fortnight||Maximum amount of Energy Supplement per year|
|13 and under||$3.50||$91.25|
|13 to 19, including secondary students||$4.48||$116.80|
|19 and under in an approved care organisation||$0.98||$25.55|
FTB Part B
If you get FTB Part B, you can get Energy Supplement.
If your child is 4 and under you’ll get the following amount of Energy Supplement:
- 2.80 each fortnight, if you get your FTB each fortnight
- $73.00 each year, if you get your FTB at the end of the financial year.
If your child is 5 to 18, you’ll get the following amount of Energy Supplement:
- $1.96 each fortnight, if you get your FTB each fortnight
- $51.10 each year, if you get your FTB at the end of the financial year.
You can choose how often you get the Energy Supplement.
If you’ re eligible, we’ll pay it for both FTB Part A and Part B.
If you get your FTB fortnightly, we can pay Energy Supplement either:
- quarterly in October, January, April and July
If you choose to get either:
- the base rate of FTB Part A fortnightly, we’ll pay your Energy Supplement Part A fortnightly
- FTB Part A or Part B after the end of the financial year, we’ll pay your Energy Supplement then.
If you get FTB as a lump sum, you'll get your Energy Supplement at the same time.
You can change how often you get your payment at any time by calling the Families line.