Express Plus Centrelink mobile app
You can do most of your Centrelink business with us using our mobile app.
Watch our video about the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app.
- If you don’t have a myGov account or a Centrelink online account you’ll need to set them up.
- You’ll then need to link your Centrelink online account to myGov. You only need to do this once.
- Download the Express Plus Centrelink app to your device.
- Select Start Now.
- Accept the Express Plus Terms and Conditions.
- Enter your myGov sign in details.
- Enter the security code or answer your secret question.
- Create your 4 digit myGov PIN.
To download to an iPad, change your search to iPhone only in the App Store.
You can use the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app to do your business with us online.
After you claim through your Centrelink online account, you can:
- track your claim
- view your payments and transaction history
- view and print your letters
- upload or request documents
- view your digital concession and health care cards.
You can also use the app to manage your:
- advance payments
- Centrepay or tax deductions
- Centrelink appointments
- reporting reminders.
You can view and update your details on the app, including:
- report your employment income
- your family income estimate and payment choices
- your personal details including your bank details
- your work status, if you’re a student.
Select More, then select Statements to download your:
- payment summary
- income statement
- deduction statement
- Centrelink statement
- detailed income and assets statement, if available.
Once downloaded, you can save it to your Vault, share it or print it.
Select Profile to update the bank account for your Centrelink payments.
Change of circumstances
Select Profile to review and update your contact details.
The app is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There may be short breaks for service updates between 2 am and 5 am AEST.
Check customer service changes for any service issues.
The Express Plus Centrelink mobile app is available for:
- Apple devices with iOS 8 and above
- Android devices with 4.0 and above.
To use the app’s assistant, you’ll need an:
- Apple device with iOS 9 and above
- Android device with 4.4 and above.
We recommend you download updates when they’re available. You can change your device settings to allow automatic updates on your device.
If you have a dated device or operating system, you can:
- update the software available on your device
- use your desktop computer to access your Centrelink online account through myGov.
The app isn’t available for Windows devices.
For the app to work, we need permission to access your:
- device location, this allows the app to map your location to the nearest service centre
- calendar, this allows Centrelink appointments to store in your device’s calendar
- phone number, this allows you to contact us while using the app
- camera, this allows you to take photos of documents for upload.
Multiple people using a single device
Each person must have their own account in the app for security reasons.
Only 1 person can sign in to the app on a device at a time. If someone else wants to use the app on your device, they must sign in with their own myGov details.
If you’re sharing a device, from the title screen select Not you? Sign in as someone else and follow the steps.
Lost or new device
Don’t save your myGov PIN on your device. This will reduce the risk of someone else accessing your account.
If you get a new device, download the app again and create a myGov PIN.
Do you use the myGov Access app? Read about myGov Access codes to find out what to do if you lose your device or get a new one.
If you can’t use some features in your app, you may need to change your access level. Visit your local service centre and bring photo ID with you. We’ll help you upgrade your online access level.
Your online access may be limited because we need:
- more information
- identity documents
- supporting documents.
When you’ve upgraded your online access level, you can do your business online and use all app functions.
Report income in your language
Use the Express Plus Lite mobile app to report your income in English and:
- العربية / Arabic - لقد أصبح الإبلاغ عن دخلك من Express Plus Lite العمل أسهل الآن
- 简体中文 / Chinese - 让您更加便利地报告您的就业收入
- فارسی / Persian (Farsi) - گزارش درآمد اشتغال شما بسیار آسان تر می شود
- Tiếng Việt / Vietnamese - việc báo cáolợi tức làm việc của quý vị đã trở nên dễ dàng hơn
Make sure you Sign out every time you finish using the app. To sign out, select the Settings icon, then Sign out.
Follow the prompts. When you do this, a message will say You have successfully signed out. If you don’t see this message, you haven't signed out of the app.
The system will sign you out if you haven't used the app for 15 minutes or more.
Reset your PIN
If you've forgotten your myGov PIN, select Forgot PIN when on the myGov sign in screen.
You'll need to enter your myGov username and password. Then, enter the security code or answer to your secret question. You can then create a new myGov PIN and sign in.
Don’t give your myGov PIN to anyone. Keep it in a safe place.
The app will send you reminders to:
- report your income
- provide documents.
Turn on notifications
If you’re subscribed to the Electronic Messaging Service, you’ll get a notification instead of an SMS or email. You can change the type of message you get using your myGov account.
You’ll only get a notification when you’re connected to the internet.
You’ll get notifications after you either:
- accept the notification offer when you sign in using an Apple device
- sign in to the app using an Android device.
Turn off notifications
If you don’t want to get notifications and you use an Apple device, you’ll need to:
- go to Settings > Notifications
- select Centrelink from the list
- switch Allow Notifications to OFF.
If you don’t want to get notifications and you use an Android device, you’ll need to:
- go to Settings > Application Manager
- select Centrelink from the list
- uncheck the Show notifications box.
If you get an error message there are things you can do.
This service is unavailable, please try again later
If you have an Apple device and you get this alert, you can update your device. The app only works with version iOS 8 and above. To find out your version, go to Settings > General > About.
If you have an Android device and you get this alert, you can update your device. The app only works with version 4.0 and above.
You can also check your signal or wireless connection.
Check the App Store or Google Play for version updates.
If you still get the error message, read about customer service changes.
You’ll get this when your device is inactive for 15 minutes or more.
This is a security measure to protect your information.
Out of memory or insufficient memory
You’ll get this message if your device’s memory is full. It may stop you from using some of the app’s features, including taking photos of documents to upload.
Try to create space on your device by:
- removing apps you don’t use anymore
- deleting videos from your device.
Crashing or freezing
Turn your device off and on, and check your signal or wireless connection.
Always download updates when they’re available. You can allow automatic updates of the app on your device.
If you need help, you can:
- read our Download and set up Express Plus Centrelink mobile app online guide
- call Centrelink technical support and select option 2.
We’ll ask you some questions. You’ll need to know:
- your Customer Reference Number
- if you’ve used the app in the past
- if you’re using 3G, 4G or a wireless network (Wi-Fi)
- if you’re using the latest version of the app
- the type of device and operating system you're using
- if you’ve set your phone to a foreign language.
This number is not for payment enquiries.
If you need help with your payment, phone us on your regular payment line.
Trademarks and disclaimer
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
AndroidTM is a trademark of Google Inc.
Page last updated: 7 June 2019