Do most of your Centrelink business using our Express Plus Centrelink mobile app.
- Download the Express Plus Centrelink app to your device.
- Select Start Now.
- Accept the Express Plus Terms and Conditions.
- Enter your myGov sign in details.
- Enter the security code or answer your secret question.
- Create your 4 digit myGov PIN.
To download to an iPad, change your search to iPhone in the App Store.
You can use the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app to:
- report employment income
- get reporting reminders
- view your payments and transaction history
- update your details
- manage tasks we need you to read and do
- manage appointments
- view your Centrelink letters in the Inbox
You can also use it to:
- upload documents
- track your claim
- view and update your family income estimate and payment choices
- view or reschedule appointments
- manage your BasicsCard if you’re income managed
- view your digital concession cards
- get help from the Assistant
From the Service menu, select Statements to download your:
- payment summary
- income statement
- deduction statement
- Centrelink statement, or
- detailed income and assets statement, if available
Once downloaded, you can save it to the Vault, share it or print it.
You can use the app to apply for an advance payment. Go to More and select Advances.
Update the bank account for your Centrelink payments.
Change of circumstances
Select Profile at the bottom of the home screen of the app to review and change your details.
The app is available to download for:
- Android devices with 4.0 and above
- Apple devices with iOS 8 and above
To use the app’s assistant, you’ll need:
- Apple devices with iOS 9 and above
- Android devices with 4.4 and above
We recommend you download updates when they’re available. You can change your device settings to allow automatic updates on your device.
If you have a dated device or operating system, you can:
- update the software available on your device, or
- use your Centrelink online account through myGov
These apps aren’t available for Windows devices.
If you've forgotten your myGov PIN, open the app and select Forgot PIN.
You'll need to enter your myGov username and password. Then, enter the security code or answer to your secret question. You can then create a new myGov PIN and sign in.
Don’t give your myGov PIN to anyone. Keep your myGov PIN in a safe place.
Multiple people on a single device
Each person must have their own account in the app for security reasons. Only 1 person can sign in to the app on a device at a time. If someone wants to use the app on a shared device, they must sign in with their myGov details.
If you’re sharing a device, from the sign in screen select Not you? Sign in as someone else and follow the steps.
For the app to work, we need permission to access your:
- device location - this allows us to map your location to the nearest Centrelink office
- calendar - this allows us to store your Centrelink appointments in your device’s calendar
- phone number - this allows you to contact us while you're using the app
- camera - this allows us to access your device's camera so you can take photos of documents and upload them
Report income in your language
Use the Express Plus Lite mobile app to report your income in English and:
- العربية / Arabic - لقد أصبح الإبلاغ عن دخلك من Express Plus Lite العمل أسهل الآن
- 简体中文 / Chinese - 让您更加便利地报告您的就业收入
- فارسی / Persian (Farsi) - گزارش درآمد اشتغال شما بسیار آسان تر می شود
- Tiếng Việt / Vietnamese - việc báo cáolợi tức làm việc của quý vị đã trở nên dễ dàng hơn
The app may be unavailable at times due to maintenance. We’ll tell you when we’re doing updates.
Online open hours
The app is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Check customer service changes for any service issues.
Make sure you Sign out every time you finish using the app. To sign out, select the Settings icon, then select Sign out.
When you do this, a message will say You have successfully signed out. If you don’t see this message, you haven't signed out of the app.
The system will sign you out if you haven't used the app for 15 minutes or more.
The app will send you reminders to:
- report your income
- provide documents
Turn on notifications
If you’ve subscribed to the Electronic Messaging Service, you’ll get a message instead of an SMS or email.
You’ll get a message when you’re connected to the Internet.
You’ll get messages after you:
- sign in to the app using an Android device, or
- accept the notification offer when you sign in using an Apple device
Turn off notifications
If you don’t want to get notifications and you own an Apple device, you’ll need to:
- go to Settings > Notifications
- select Centrelink from the list, and
- switch Allow notifications to OFF
If you don’t want to get notifications and you own an Android device, you’ll need to:
- go to Settings > Application Manager
- select Centrelink from the list, and
- uncheck the Show notifications box
Lost or new device
Don’t save your myGov PIN on your device. This will stop the risk of someone else accessing your account.
If you get a new device, download the app again and create a new myGov PIN.
Do you use myGov Access? Read myGov Access codes for what to do if you lose your device or get a new one.
If you get an error message there are things you can do.
This service is unavailable, please try again later
If you have an Apple device and you get this alert, you can update your device. The app only works with version iOS 8 and above. To find out your version, go to Settings > General > About.
If you have an Android device and you get this alert, you can update your device. The app only works with version 4.0 and above.
You can also make sure you’re connected to 3G, 4G or a wireless network (Wi-Fi).
Check the App Store or Google Play for version updates.
If you still get the error message, read about customer service changes.
Out of memory or insufficient memory
You’ll get this message if your device's memory is full. It may stop you from using some of the app’s features, such as taking photos of documents to upload.
Try to create space on your device by:
- removing apps you don’t use anymore
- deleting videos from your device
Crashing, freezing or timing out issues
If your device is crashing, freezing or timing out, you can try to:
- turn your device off and on
- check your signal or wireless connection
If you need more help, you can:
- read our Download and set up Express Plus Centrelink mobile app online guide
- call the Online Services Support Hotline and select option 2
We’ll ask you some questions. You’ll need to know:
- your Customer Reference Number (CRN)
- if you’ve used the app in the past
- if you’re using 3G, 4G or a wireless network (Wi-Fi)
- if you’re using the latest version of the app
- the type of device and operating system you're using
- if you’ve set your phone to a foreign language
This number is not for payment enquiries.
If you need help with your payment, phone us on your payment line.
You can also get help by sending us a secure message.
Trademarks and disclaimer
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
AndroidTM is a trademark of Google Inc.