Do most of your Centrelink business using our Express Plus Centrelink mobile apps.
- Register for a Centrelink online account if you don’t have one.
- Download the Express Plus Centrelink app for your device.
- Sign in with your Customer Access Number (CAN) and password.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Answer your secret question to set up your 4 digit PIN.
To download to an iPad, change your search to iPhone only in the App Store.
Use the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app to:
- report employment income
- get reporting reminders
- view your payments and transaction history
- update details
- view your online letters
- upload documents
- track your claim
- view and update your family income estimate and payment choices
- view, reschedule or cancel appointments
- manage your BasicsCard if you’re income managed
- view your digital concession cards
Select Statements from the Service menu to download your payment summary, income statement, deduction statement, Centrelink statement or detailed income and assets statement if available. Once downloaded, you can save it to the Vault, share it or print it.
Use the app to apply for an advance payment by selecting Advances from the Service menu.
Update the bank account for your Centrelink payments.
Change of circumstances
Update your personal details in the my contact section of the app.
The Express Plus Centrelink mobile app is only available for:
- Apple devices with iOS 7 and above
- Android devices with 4.0 and above
The Express Plus Lite mobile app is only available for:
- Apple devices with iOS 5 and above
- Android devices with 2.3.3 and above
If your device or operating system is outdated you can:
- download the latest software for your device, or
- use your Centrelink online account through myGov
These apps are not available for Windows devices.
Follow these steps if you need to reset your PIN.
- Select Reset PIN? from the PIN prompt screen.
- You’ll get the message: Are you sure you want to reset your PIN? Select YES.
- At the title screen select Start now.
- You’ll go to the Terms and Conditions. Read them and select I Accept. This will take you to the login screen.
- Enter your Centrelink Access Number (CAN) and online account password at the login screen. Select Next.
- You’ll go to the Secret Questions and Answers screen. Enter your answer, the same one you use to log into your Centrelink online account.
- You’ll go to the 4 digit PIN screen. Enter a new PIN - this can’t be the same as your old PIN.
- Confirm your PIN by re-entering the same 4 digits.
Your PIN works for the Express Plus Centrelink and the Express Plus Lite mobile apps. If you change your PIN on one app, it will automatically update the other one.
Don’t give your PIN to anyone. Keep your PIN in a safe place.
You can’t log into the mobile app on multiple devices at a time
You can only log into the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app on 1 device at a time.
Multiple people on a single device
Each person must have their own account in the app for security reasons.
Only one person can log into the app on a device at a time.
If someone else wants to use the app on a shared device, they must sign in with their own:
- Customer Access Number (CAN)
- online account password, and
- set up a new PIN
If you forget your Centrelink password
For the mobile app to work we need permission to access your:
- device location - this allows your location to be mapped to the nearest Centrelink office
- calendar - this allows Centrelink appointments to be stored in your device’s calendar
- phone number - this allows you to contact us while using the app
- camera - this allows you to take photos of documents for upload
Report income in your language
Report your income in your language using the Express Plus Lite mobile app. You still need the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app to do everything else.
You can report your income in:
- العربية / Arabic - لقد أصبح الإبلاغ عن دخلك من Express Plus Lite العمل أسهل الآن
- 简体中文 / Chinese - 让您更加便利地报告您的就业收入
- فارسی / Persian (Farsi) - گزارش درآمد اشتغال شما بسیار آسان تر می شود
- Tiếng Việt / Vietnamese - việc báo cáolợi tức làm việc của quý vị đã trở nên dễ dàng hơn
The Express Plus Centrelink mobile apps may be unavailable at times due to maintenance. We’ll tell you when we’re doing updates.
Online open hours
Express Plus Centrelink mobile apps are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Check customer service changes for any scheduled or unscheduled service interruptions.
To log out of the app, go to the side menu and select Logoff.
When you log out of the app a message will say: You have successfully logged out. If you don’t see this message, you may not have been logged out properly.
Your session will automatically log out if you’ve been inactive for 10 minutes.
The Express Plus app will send reminder messages to your device about:
- reporting employment income
- providing information or documents
Turn on notifications
If you’re subscribed to the Electronic Messaging service, you’ll get a notification instead of an SMS or email.
You’ll only get a notification when you’re connected to the internet.
You’ll get notifications once you:
- log in to the app using an Android device, or
- accept the notification offer when you log in using an Apple device
Turn off notifications
If you don’t want to get notifications, you’ll need to:
- go to Settings > Notifications if you own an Apple device
- select Centrelink from the list and switch Allow Notifications to OFF, or
- go to Settings > Application Manager if you own an Android. Select Centrelink from the list and uncheck the Show notifications box
Lost or new device
Don’t save your PIN on your device. This will stop the risk of someone else accessing your account.
If you get a new device, download the app again and set up a new PIN.
We can help if you get an error message.
This service is unavailable, please try again later
For Express Plus Centrelink:
- update your Apple device as the app only works with version iOS 7 and above - to find your version, go to Settings > General > About on your phone
- update your Android device as the app only works with version 4.0 and above
- make sure you’re connected to 3G, 4G or a wireless network (Wi-Fi)
For Express Plus Lite:
- update your Apple device as the app only works with version iOS 5 and above - to find your version, go to Settings > General > About on your phone
- update your Android device as the app only works with version 2.3.3 and above
- make sure you’re connected to 3G, 4G or a wireless network (Wi-Fi)
Check the App Store or Google Play for version updates.
If you still get the error, read about customer service changes.
You’ll get this when your device is inactive for 10 minutes or more.
Close the app and log back in.
Out of memory or insufficient memory
You’ll get this if your device memory is full. It may stop you from using some of the app’s features, such as taking photos of documents for subsequent uploading.
Try freeing up memory by uninstalling apps you don’t use or deleting videos from your device.
Crashing, freezing or timing out issues
Turn your device off and on, and check your signal or wireless connection.
Always download updates when they are available. You can allow automatic updates of the app on your device.
If you need more help call the Online Services Support Hotline and select option 2.
We’ll ask you some questions. You’ll need to know:
- your Customer Reference Number
- if you’ve used the app in the past
- if you’re using 3G, 4G or a wireless network (Wi-Fi)
- if you’re using the latest app version
- the device and operating system are you using
- if you can log on to your Centrelink online account - if not, the date you last logged on
- if you’ve set you phone to a foreign language
This number is not for payment enquiries.
Trademarks and disclaimer
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
AndroidTM is a trademark of Google Inc.