Express Plus Centrelink mobile app
Do most of your Centrelink business using our Express Plus Centrelink mobile app.
Please make sure you update your iPhone software. Soon, we will no longer support iOS 7 on the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app.
- Download the Express Plus Centrelink app for your device.
- Select Start Now.
- Accept the Express Plus Terms and Conditions.
- Enter your myGov sign in details.
- Enter the security code or answer your secret question.
- Create your 4 digit myGov PIN.
To download to an iPad, change your search to iPhone only in the App Store.
Use the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app to:
- report employment income
- get reporting reminders
- view your payments and transaction history
- update details
- view your online letters
- upload documents
- track your claim
- view and update your family income estimate and payment choices
- view or reschedule appointments
- manage your BasicsCard if you’re income managed
- view your digital concession cards
Select Statements from the Service menu to download your payment summary, income statement, deduction statement, Centrelink statement or detailed income and assets statement if available. Once downloaded, you can save it to the Vault, share it or print it.
Use the app to apply for an advance payment. Go to the Service menu and select Advances.
Update the bank account for your Centrelink payments.
Change of circumstances
Update your personal details in the my contact section of the app.
The Express Plus Centrelink mobile app is only available for:
- Android devices with 4.0 and above
- Apple devices with iOS 7 and above
We recommend you update your iPhone software before 1 July 2018. This is so you can get the latest app features and support. By doing this you’ll also continue to get new versions of our app.
If your device or operating system is outdated you can:
- download the latest software for your device, or
- use your Centrelink online account through myGov
These apps are not available for Windows devices.
We’ve changed the way you sign in to your Express Plus Centrelink app. You now need to use a myGov PIN.
If you have forgotten your myGov PIN, open the app and select Forgot PIN.
You will need to enter your myGov username and password, and then the security code or answer to your secret question. You can then create a new myGov PIN and sign in.
Don’t give your PIN to anyone. Keep your PIN in a safe place.
Multiple people on a single device
Each person must have their own account in the app for security reasons. Only 1 person can sign in to the app on a device at a time. If someone else wants to use the app on a shared device, they must sign in with their own myGov details.
If you’re sharing a device, from the title screen select Not you? Sign in as someone else and follow the steps.
For the mobile app to work we need permission to access your:
- device location - this allows your location to be mapped to the nearest Centrelink office
- calendar - this allows Centrelink appointments to be stored in your device’s calendar
- phone number - this allows you to contact us while using the app
- camera - this allows you to take photos of documents for upload
Report income in your language
Use the Express Plus Lite mobile app to report your income in English and:
- العربية / Arabic - لقد أصبح الإبلاغ عن دخلك من Express Plus Lite العمل أسهل الآن
- 简体中文 / Chinese - 让您更加便利地报告您的就业收入
- فارسی / Persian (Farsi) - گزارش درآمد اشتغال شما بسیار آسان تر می شود
- Tiếng Việt / Vietnamese - việc báo cáolợi tức làm việc của quý vị đã trở nên dễ dàng hơn
The Express Plus Centrelink mobile app may be unavailable at times due to maintenance. We’ll tell you when we’re doing updates.
Online open hours
Express Plus Centrelink mobile app is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Check customer service changes for any scheduled or unscheduled service interruptions.
To close the app, go to the side menu and select Logoff.
When you do this a message will say: You have successfully logged out. If you don’t see this message, you may not have been logged off properly.
Your session will automatically log off if you’ve been inactive for 15 minutes.
The Express Plus app will send reminder messages to your device about:
- reporting employment income
- providing information or documents
Turn on notifications
If you’re subscribed to the Electronic Messaging service, you’ll get a notification instead of an SMS or email.
You’ll only get a notification when you’re connected to the internet.
You’ll get notifications once you:
- sign in to the app using an Android device, or
- accept the notification offer when you sign in using an Apple device
Turn off notifications
If you don’t want to get notifications, you’ll need to:
- go to Settings > Notifications if you own an Apple device
- select Centrelink from the list and switch Allow Notifications to OFF, or
- go to Settings > Application Manager if you own an Android. Select Centrelink from the list and uncheck the Show notifications box
Lost or new device
Don’t save your myGov PIN on your device. This will stop the risk of someone else accessing your account.
If you get a new device, download the app again and create a myGov PIN.
Do you use myGov Access? Read myGov Access codes on the myGov help page to find out what to do if you lose your device or if you get a new one.
We can help if you get an error message.
This service is unavailable, please try again later
- update your Apple device as the app only works with version iOS 7 and above - to find your version, go to Settings > General > About on your phone
- update your Android device as the app only works with version 4.0 and above
- make sure you’re connected to 3G, 4G or a wireless network (Wi-Fi)
Check the App Store or Google Play for version updates.
If you still get the error, read about customer service changes.
You’ll get this when your device is inactive for 15 minutes or more. You will be told that you have been logged out. Select OK and sign in again.
Out of memory or insufficient memory
You’ll get this if your device memory is full. It may stop you from using some of the app’s features, such as taking photos of documents for subsequent uploading.
Try freeing up memory by uninstalling apps you don’t use or deleting videos from your device.
Crashing, freezing or timing out issues
Turn your device off and on, and check your signal or wireless connection.
Always download updates when they are available. You can allow automatic updates of the app on your device.
If you need more help, read our online guide Download and set up Express Plus Centrelink mobile app.
Or, call the Online Services Support Hotline and select option 2.
We’ll ask you some questions. You’ll need to know:
- your Customer Reference Number
- if you’ve used the app in the past
- if you’re using 3G, 4G or a wireless network (Wi-Fi)
- if you’re using the latest app version
- the device and operating system you're using
- if you’ve set you phone to a foreign language
This number is not for payment enquiries.
Trademarks and disclaimer
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
AndroidTM is a trademark of Google Inc.