Report your income in your language using the Express Plus Lite mobile app. You still need the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app to do everything else.
Read more about registering for a Centrelink online account to use the Express Plus Lite mobile app.
- Register for a Centrelink online account if you don’t have one. You need to do this if you want to use the Express Plus Lite app.
- Download the Express Plus Lite app for your device.
- Sign in with your Customer Access Number (CAN) and password.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Answer your secret question to set up your 4 digit PIN.
To download to an iPad, change your search to iPhone only in the App Store.
For the mobile app to work we need permission to access your:
- device location - this allows your location to be mapped to the nearest Centrelink office
- calendar - this allows Centrelink appointments to be stored in your device’s calendar
- phone number - this allows you to contact us while using the app
Use the Express Plus Lite mobile app
Use the Express Plus Lite mobile app to report employment income.
You can report your income in English or:
- العربية / Arabic - لقد أصبح الإبلاغ عن دخلك من Express Plus Lite العمل أسهل الآن
- 简体中文 / Chinese - 让您更加便利地报告您的就业收入
- فارسی / Persian (Farsi) - گزارش درآمد اشتغال شما بسیار آسان تر می شود
- Tiếng Việt / Vietnamese - việc báo cáolợi tức làm việc của quý vị đã trở nên dễ dàng hơn
The Express Plus Lite mobile app is only available on:
- Apple devices with iOS 5 or later
- Android devices with 2.3.3 or later
If the operating system on your device is not up to date you can:
- download the latest software for your device, or
- use your Centrelink online account through myGov
These apps are not available for Windows devices.
Reset your PIN
Follow these steps if you need to reset your PIN.
- Select Reset PIN? from the PIN prompt screen.
- You’ll get the message: Are you sure you want to reset your PIN? Select YES.
- At the title screen select Start now.
- You’ll go to the Terms and Conditions. Read them and select I Accept. This will take you to the login screen.
- Enter your Centrelink Access Number (CAN) and online account password at the login screen. Select Next.
- You’ll go to the Secret Questions and Answers screen. Enter your answer, the same one you use to sign in to your Centrelink online account.
- You’ll go to the 4 digit PIN screen. Enter a new PIN - this can’t be the same as your old PIN.
- Confirm your PIN by re-entering the same 4 digits.
Don’t give your PIN to anyone. Keep your PIN in a safe place.
You can only sign in to the Express Plus Lite mobile app on 1 device at a time.
Multiple people on a single device
Each person must have their own account in the app for security reasons.
Only one person can sign in to the app on a device at a time.
If someone else wants to use the app on a shared device, they must sign in with their own:
- Customer Access Number (CAN)
- Centrelink online account password, and
- set up a new PIN
Forgotten Centrelink password
The Express Plus Lite mobile app may be unavailable at times due to maintenance. We’ll tell you when we’re doing updates.
Online open hours
You can use your Express Plus Lite mobile app 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Check customer service changes for any scheduled or unscheduled service interruptions.
To log out of the app, go to the side menu and select Logoff.
When you log out of the app a message will display: You have successfully logged out. If you don’t see this message, you may not have been logged out properly.
Your session will log out if you’ve been inactive for 10 minutes.
Lost or new device
Don’t save your PIN on your device. This will stop the risk of someone else accessing your account.
If you get a new device, download the app again and set up a new PIN.
We can help if you get an error message.
This service is unavailable, please try again later
- update your Apple device as the app only works with version iOS 5 and above - to find your version, go to Settings > General > About on your phone
- update your Android device as the app only works with version 2.3.3 and above
- make sure you’re connected to 3G, 4G or a wireless network (Wi-Fi)
Check the App Store or Google Play for version updates.
If you still get the error, read about customer service changes.
You’ll get this when your device is inactive for 10 minutes or more.
Close the app and sign back in.
Crashing, freezing or timing out issues
Turn your device off and on, and check your signal or wireless connection.
Always download updates when they’re available. You can allow automatic updates of the app on your device.
If you need more help call the Online Services Support Hotline and select option 2.
We’ll ask you some questions. You’ll need to know:
- your Customer Reference Number
- if you’ve used the app in the past
- if you’re using 3G, 4G or a wireless network (Wi-Fi)
- if you’re using the latest app version
- the device and operating system you're using
- if you’ve set you phone to a foreign language
This number is not for payment enquiries.
Trademarks and disclaimer
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
AndroidTM is a trademark of Google Inc.