We may pay you FTB Part B if you’re a single parent or non-parent carer, a grandparent carer, or if you’re a member of a couple with 1 main income.
You may be eligible if:
- you’re a member of a couple with 1 main income and care for a dependent child aged under 13, or
- you’re a single parent or non-parent carer, or a grandparent carer and care for a dependent child aged under 18. The child must meet study requirements if they’re aged 16 to 18
You must also:
You or your partner can’t receive FTB Part B while receiving Parental Leave Pay.
Children 16 to 18 meet the study requirements if they:
- are in full time secondary study in an approved course leading towards a year 12 or equivalent qualification
- have an acceptable study load, or
- have been granted an exemption from us
There is extra support available if you’re caring for your grandchildren. Read more about support for grandparent carers.
There’s also other payments and services available for non parent carers. Read more about support for non parent carers.