We pay Family Tax Benefit Part A per child. The amount we pay you depends on your family’s circumstances.
You may be eligible for FTB Part A if you care for a dependent child who is:
- 0 to 15 years of age, or
- 16 to 19 years of age and meets the study requirements.
You must also:
You may receive a top up or supplement when we balance your payments after the end of the financial year.
To be eligible for the FTB Part A supplement your:
- family’s adjusted taxable income must be $80,000 or less
- child needs to meet the immunisation requirements, and
- child needs to have a health check if they’re turning 4 in the financial year and you or your partner receive an income support payment.
Children aged 16 to 19 meet the study requirements if they:
- are in full time secondary study in an approved course leading towards a year 12 or equivalent qualification
- have an acceptable study load, or
- have been granted an exemption from us.
If you receive FTB Part A you may be eligible for:
- Newborn Upfront Payment and Newborn Supplement if you have a baby or adopt a child
- Rent Assistance if you receive more than the base rate of FTB Part A
- a Health Care Card if you receive the maximum rate of FTB Part A
- Multiple Birth Allowance if you have care of triplets or quadruplets.
If you have care of triplets or quadruplets, you may be eligible for Multiple Birth Allowance. We’ll pay you $158.06 a fortnight for triplets or $210.56 a fortnight for quadruplets or more. We’ll automatically assess you for this, you don't need to submit a separate claim.