We pay Family Tax Benefit Part A per child. The amount we pay you depends on your family’s circumstances.
You may be eligible for FTB Part A if you care for a dependent child who is:
- 0 to 15 years of age, or
- 16 to 19 years of age and meets the study requirements.
You must also:
You may receive a top up or supplement when we balance your payments after the end of the financial year.
To be eligible for the FTB Part A supplement your:
- family’s adjusted taxable income must be $80,000 or less
- child needs to meet the immunisation requirements, and
- child needs to have a health check if they’re turning 4 in the financial year and you or your partner receive an income support payment.
You must continue to meet the residence rules for as long as you get this payment.
Children aged 16 to 19 meet the study requirements if they:
- are in full time secondary study in an approved course leading towards a year 12 or equivalent qualification
- have an acceptable study load, or
- have been granted an exemption from us.
If you receive FTB Part A you may be eligible for:
- Newborn Upfront Payment and Newborn Supplement if you have a baby or adopt a child
- Rent Assistance if you receive more than the base rate of FTB Part A
- a Health Care Card if you receive the maximum rate of FTB Part A
- Multiple Birth Allowance if you have care of triplets or quadruplets.
If you have care of triplets or quadruplets, you may be eligible for Multiple Birth Allowance. We’ll pay you $158.06 a fortnight for triplets or $210.56 a fortnight for quadruplets or more. We’ll automatically assess you for this, you don't need to submit a separate claim.