A payment for farming families in financial hardship.
- a farmer who spends a major part of their time and capital working on the farm
- the partner of a farmer who spends a major part of their time and capital working on the farm
- meets the income and assets test limits
- meets mutual obligation requirements
The Australian Government is reviewing FHA to make sure it meets farmers’ needs. Find out more on the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources website.
Come to a Farm Household Allowance (FHA) information session at a service centre to learn about:
- who’s eligible
- how to create a myGov account and claim online
- what documents you’ll need and how to submit them
- what support is available.
If you're eligible, you can use our computers to claim. We'll help you. Please bring your identification, and income and assets documents with you.
We’ll be holding the last information session in Inverell on Saturday, 17 November 2018 from 10 am to 12 pm. It will be held at the Inverell Service Centre, 158 Otho Street, Inverell, NSW.
Our Mobile Service Centres will also be in drought-affected communities for the rest of 2018 and into 2019. They can answer questions you have about a range of payments and services we offer.
The Rural Financial Counselling Service (RFCS) can also help you claim FHA. You can call them on 1800 686 175. Read more about the RFCS on the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources website.