- a farmer who spends a major part of their time and capital working on the farm
- the partner of a farmer who spends a major part of their time and capital working on the farm
- meets the income and assets test limits
- meets mutual obligation requirements
You can talk to one of our staff at a drought community event about:
- Farm Household Allowance
- money from the forced disposal of livestock.
View the locations and dates on the Department of Agriculture website.
You need to meet eligibility requirements to get Farm Household Allowance.
The amount of Farm Household Allowance you can get depends on your circumstances.
Complete the following steps to claim Farm Household Allowance. Before you start, check if you can get it.
A Farm Household Case Officer will contact you when you start getting Farm Household Allowance (FHA). They’ll guide and support you through your time on this payment.
Your options and obligations for Farm Household Allowance.
Tools, information and other services we offer.
We have other payments, services and subjects to help you with Farm Household Allowance.
Page last updated: 25 July 2019