Change of circumstances

You need to report any changes to your circumstances when you get Farm Household Allowance.

If you don’t tell us when changes happen, you may be doing the wrong thing.

You need to tell us if:

  • you change your address
  • your income changes
  • you don’t have to lodge a tax return
  • you get a partner or separate from your partner
  • your workload changes.

How and when to tell us

The easiest way to tell us about changes is through our self service options.

You need to:

  • tell us within 14 days of the change
  • make sure your details are up to date in myGov.

It’s never too late to report a change.

If you don’t tell us

If you don’t tell us about changes in your life, we may pay you too much. If this happens, you must pay the money back, plus a fee.

If you don’t tell us when your circumstances change, you could be committing fraud.

Read how to avoid committing fraud.

Page last updated: 5 August 2019