The amount of Farm Household Allowance you can get depends on your circumstances.
If you have a partner, we may pay the allowance to both of you. But, you'll need to submit separate claims.
- a fortnightly payment for a maximum period of 4 cumulative years (1,460 days)
- an Activity Supplement up to $4,000 to pay for study, training or professional advice to help improve your financial position
- a Farm Household Case Officer to work with you to assist you improve your financial circumstances.
If you’re getting FHA you’ll also get 1 or 2 FHA supplement lump sum payments per household. These are up to:
- $7,200 for single farmers
- $12,000 for farming couples.
If you get FHA between 1 September 2018 and 1 December 2018 you’ll get the first FHA supplement lump sum. We’ll pay it from 1 September 2018.
If you get FHA between 2 December 2018 and 1 June 2019 you’ll get the second FHA supplement payment. We’ll pay it from 1 March 2019.
Watch our videos to see how Farm Household Allowance can help you and your farm.