How to work with your case officer

A Farm Household Case Officer will contact you when you start getting Farm Household Allowance (FHA). They’ll guide and support you through your time on this payment.

They’ll ask you to complete a Farm Financial Assessment (FFA) to assess your farm’s financial position.

After completing your FFA, they’ll negotiate activities to include in your Financial Improvement Agreement (FIA). The FIA helps you to improve your financial position. It sets out the activities you must do while you get FHA from us.

You have 28 days to enter into the FIA or your FHA payment may stop. Talk to your case officer as soon as possible if you need more time.

Your case officer:

  • will contact you every 3 months to review your financial improvement agreement, either in person or over the phone
  • can put you in touch with a Rural Financial Counsellor to help you look at your financial and business options.
  • can refer you to other services that may be able to help when you transition off FHA.

Page last updated: 25 July 2019