Who can get it
You need to meet eligibility requirements to get Farm Household Allowance.
To get Farm Household Allowance you must meet all the following:
- be a farmer or partner of a farmer
- be 16 years or older
- contribute labour and capital to an Australian farm, or are the partner of a farmer who does
- have income and assets below certain amounts
- have had less than 4 years of Farm Household Allowance.
Your farm must have significant commercial purpose. We'll assess this based on all the following:
- the purpose of your farm
- the prospect for profit
- consistency of activity
- whether your farm runs as a business
- the size, scale and permanency of your farm activity.
Watch our Farm Household Allowance videos to find out more about eligibilty.
Page last updated: 25 July 2019